It’s crazy how fast time has gone by! It’s almost the end of the year… AGAIN! like, WHAT!?!?
WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN!?
haha Actually, I’m quite excited that winter is coming! It was a great summer but that was enough heat to last me a lifetime! I welcome fall and it’s beautiful colors with open arms!
There is just something about fall that is so fresh, but then the colors are so warm… I absolutely love it!
Some bucketlist items for this year is to carve my own pumpkin, go to a pumpkin patch and jump in a pile of leaves! … not sure how I’m going to do that… all the leaves from our tree out front are gone! The poor thing died on us during the dry summer.
It was a beautiful tree.
Things have been going well! Dance is in full gear now and after the first weeks of brain freeze trying to figure out the new schedule and missing precious hip hop class because I thought it was a certain hour which it wasn’t, meeting new people, starting my own business, getting ready for Cervantino…whew! The list goes on!
I’ve learned a lot of things this month. On the bad side, I’ve been able to experience what true-hardcore STRESS feels like…. and I abhor it! I NEVER want to feel like that again! I imagine I may from time to time, but I was able to realize that sometimes things like that happen because we expect to much from ourselves. For goodness sake, we’re not supermen! There are limits as to what we can do! (Yes, limits to even my amazing super powers…)
Let me get this straight.
I believe that nothing is impossible if we put our minds to it, but that’s not what I’m talking about. I’m talking about taking on TOO much at once. Trying to solve 10 problems while balancing another five, or the biggie for me–trying to push things that are out of my control. Because, no matter how hard you try you will never have the brain and mindset say… the lady selling shoes down the street. You cannot control the mind and hands of a person and make them pick up a phone to call you. You cannot control the disease that may be afflicting a loved one… and the list goes on.
Again, not that you can’t have some kind of influence ON them, but you can’t CONTROL them.
Get where I’m going?
The deal is to not carry burdens that are not even yours to carry! It’s like holding on tightly to a rope afraid you’ll plummet to your most certain death when you are only 2 inches away from the floor!
Breathe. Relax. Leave it in God’s hands. It will be ok!
New motto, if worrying about it won’t change it… why worry? 🙂
Just letting go of what you can’t hold on to is so liberating!
Now on a happier tune, another of the things that I thought about deeply was, “What makes me happy? What are my favorite things in life? What am I thankful for?”
This 100 list came about from those ponderings!
- Cute things
- Light colors
- Fresh breeze
- Yummy deserts
- Strawberry ice-cream
- Good books
- Funny, romantic movies
- Old videos of when we were little
- Times when you remember all the lyrics to songs you listened to when you were tiny, and haven’t heard in forever.
- Fluffy socks
- My guitar
- Listening to percussions
- Baby cheetahs
- Tiger cubs
- All baby cubs
- All baby animals (except for insects… and scary ones like bats…)
- A good picture
- A masterpiece
- Christmas songs
- When my family tells me I did a good job and is proud of me
- Running as fast as I can on the beachside
- Cute guys *wink, wink*
- Actually… I could take forever on this so ALL of my great friends!
- Finding that rare treasure you just have to buy and take home
- Taking videos
- Pictures on tumblr
- Listening to inspiring audios
- Latin music
- That one GREAT song you can’t stop singing… that has become a part of you
- Pretty dresses
- Pretty hairpieces
- Cute hats
- Telling an awesome story
- Having someone listen to you, giving their full attention
- Free hugs
- People you can be crazy with
- Crazy moments
- Random moments
- Scary-funny moments
- Doing something goofy, then laughing about it 10 minutes later. (after you have recovered from the shock, ahem!)
- Finding out that guy you think is cute likes you
- Airplane rides
- Seeing the world from an airplane
- Pretty rocks and shells
- Walking on sand and how great if feels
- Squishy things (except poop!)
- Squishy cheeks! *hearts in the air*
- BUBBLES! BUBBLES! BUBBLES!
- Circles (… stop looking at me like that. I really like circles! OK? I don’t know why or what it is about them… I just… like… circles…)
- The smell of flowers
- Smell of a delicious meal
- Pita bread
- Reading letters
- Receiving letters in the mail. (Receiving ANYTHING by mail! It’s like Christmas!)
- Writing letters
- Sending letters
- Cute kids
- Baby clothes
- Baby SOCKS
- Music boxes
- Open fields (I want to run across one so bad!)
- Water-balloon fights
- Superhero games
100! Fun card games
For all of you waiting for a fantastic, extra-ordinary ending. MUAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Uh, yeah, I love you too.