What happened on Thursday…

Well, for all of you who don’t know, this year I am going to be graduating from High School. (Can I hear those “YEEEAAAAAYYYS!”) There is this really awesome homeschooling organization/program called Families for Home Education and they organize a Senior graduation every year–with caps and gowns and everything! We got in the nick of time! I’m SOOOO EXCITED! I reeeally wanted a graduation and had been praying for one, so gente… THIS. IS. AWESOME. for me πŸ˜‰

Aaaaanyway, continuing on with my story.

From what I know, usually it would be the Valedictorian (the smartest person in class hoho) who gives the speech for his fellow students, but since… there obviously isn’t one for this program, there are auditions for the speaker!! Me–> NICE!

Well, as many of you may know, I like talking and writing, so this was perfect for me! muahaha

I put hard work, sweat and tears working on my speech. Making it all nice and presentable to give a copy to each of the judges (since they asked for that) and a copy for me with my pitch, rythim, and speed notes on the page and everything. It was PERFECTO!
That same day we went to help a friend do his garage sale, and at 12:30 I would head off to the house I clean as my part-time job; when my dad arrived to take me to my job… my mom arrived with a package from STEPH AND SANDY for my birthday!!! AHHH! I was so excited!

Why is this important to my story? You shall see!

Well, after reading their super sweet and awesome cards, I had a great idea! My papers were getting kind of wrinkled in my bag, and since I wanted the presentation to be nice the letter-sized envelope was a perfect place to protect them! So in they went.
After work, I jumped into the car and headed off to take my Jazz lesson. On my way I figured to leave my envelope with my speech papers in the car, since my dad was going to pick me up after class and take me directly to the school meeting where I would have my audition. I figured, “What am I going to do with them in the studio anyway?” So in the car they stayed.

After a very fun dance class, I got into the car once more to head off toward the meeting! We were following this friend who was going to attend the meeting as well, and halfway there…
The envelope was…

I flipped.


“WHAT!?” My mom asked confused and alarmed.

“My envelope! WHAT HAPPENED TO MY ENVELOPE!?!?” I shrieked.

“The one Steph and Sandy gave you?”


“Oh, Annie took it inside the house before we went to pick you up at the studio.”

“MY SPEECH WAS INSIDE THAT ENVELOPE!” My hands clutched my hair at the top of my head.

A panic attack started.

“Oh, my God…” Mom.

“You’ve got to be kidding me.” Dad.

“Isn’t there a way you can go back home for them while we are at the meeting?!?!” Me.

“ha… ha… ha… Do you realize how far away this place is?” Dad.

“Can’t you talk to the people there to do it some other day?” Mom.

“No, today was the only day for auditions!” Me.

There was frustrated screaming, arguing, scolding, and I was in full panic mode. –NOT PRETTY!

I swear I wanted to wring Annie’s neck right then…

I started hyperventilating. I couldn’t believe it. All my hard work down the drain… I needed to find something I COULD do to solve this crazy situation!
I started brainstorming some ideas.

  1. Get my dad to drive back and get my speech papers: This would involve about 2 hours worth of driving. Yeeep, Clearly not happening.
    Get my dad to drive back and get my speech papers.
  2. Kill Annie: Hmm.. though definitely appealing at the moment, I knew I’d definitely regret that later. And it didn’t exactly solve my problem…
    Besides, who else would be left to pinch my cheeks?
    Kill Annie.
  3. Try to remember as much as I could of the speech and just say it. YIKES! My knees immediately started knocking together at the thought of this one. I might as well stick a sign on my forehead saying, “NEEEXT!”
    Try to remember as much as I could of the speech and just say it.

I tried to clear my head and find a reasonable solution to this crazy mess… what options were left?!?!
“Oh Lord help me!!!” I thought pleading.

BAM! All of a sudden, I had an answer.

I kinda hesitated fir a bit because it would involve a LOT of work… but in the end it was the only sane idea.

“Uuuh, well… I have the speech recorded on my MP3 player… I could write it down while the meeting is on…”

I think you could hear the heavenly chorus sing.

So I grabbed a bunch of letter sized flyers which, very conveniently, were only printed on one side of the page, leaving me enough space to write.

So there you have me, scribbling away for the rest of the trip and parts of the meeting. I wasn’t done by the time we were supposed to head upstairs for the auditions. I wanted to finish my paper before going, but after my dad recommended that I go and tell them I was auditioning, went upstairs and… well, I did.

It was taking me a while to finish, and I could begin to hear the finger-drumming inside their heads.

They asked if maybe one of my sisters could send it by email. That was a good idea so I ran downstairs to get my mom’s cellphone and call the house (I forget why, but I kept running up and down the stairs, so I was super out of breath. Oh, it was for trying to call Sunny’s cellphone and then the house phone.)
And just to make things even more awesome…


Oh well, plan D failing, I ran upstairs again and told the “judges” that my sister was not answering her phone, so I sat back down and finished writing down my speech. They told me to go for it. (THANK goodness, they were all really nice people)

10 minutes later, “IT’S DONE!” I yelped with joy!

You could almost hear the thunderous applause.
I organized my papers, shook the events of the past hour off, cleared my throat and began.


Ahhhhh! At the last line I felt like giving such a big sigh of relief. I had done it! And the best news, they really liked my speech!
I had the adrenaline jitters of I-can’t-believe-I-just-did-that for the next hour after that! haha


We left to pick up Annie from her drama classes.

“Hi Annie! Guess what?” *Evil face*

OK! OK! Start breathing now! She’s alive! My feelings that would have put her in danger were almost completely gone by then because of my happiness at the victory.


I explained to her what happened. Her eyes bulged and her hand came up to her mouth.
“OH my gosh! I’m so sorry!” Her face actually looked repentant.

GEEEEEEE! Well NOW how was I supposed to be mad at her!

Well, because I had to write my speech, we were a little late to pick her up, which got her into a tiny bit of trouble since the studio was closing; a little smug face grew inside me, at least I had some sort of revenge…


I actually felt bad for her, even though it was kind of funny….

So there you have it! My adventure and my very first speech.


About Windy

Ha! You want ME to describe myself in a 140 word box??? Think again! Just go to the "About Me" section and find out more!
This entry was posted in Events. Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to What happened on Thursday…

  1. Flo says:

    Oooh thats cool! well not the part about your speech not with you but it worked out right? Thats awesome πŸ™‚ Oh and remember to post pics of ur b-day πŸ˜‰

  2. Noelle says:

    Where do you work, Windy?

  3. Pingback: I got it! | A Pisces World…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s