It’s kinda weird, knowing this is my very last post of 2011. For me personally, this year passed by WAAAAY to fast, but at the same time, all the things that happened… WHEW! It also kind of feels like I could have fit all of that into decades.
I’ll probably have thins tiny pang of guilt looking at the tiny amount of posts this year, yet I won’t promise that I’ll do better…
because I honestly don’t know. 😀 haha
The biggest emotion I have right now though is thankfulness. I’ve been given so many blessings this year, and second chances not many could even dream of having. I just want to thank you all who prayed for my grandma and her battle with Cancer, I know that your prayers were what kept her through!
I am so blessed to have her in my life. I pray that Jesus grants us the privilege to have her in our lives more many more years to come. At LEAST till one of us gets married 😉
Well, here are a few tidbits of what I was able to do this year. It makes me smile.
- Saw the world (okay, okay, my personal world.. GOSH!) covered in white during February when we came to visit our grandparents.
- Had my first birthday with them in years and for the first time in my life, and probably got more money than all of my other birthdays combined! haha
- Had a radical 17th birthday (I DIDN’T DIE! YAAAY!)
- Went to a witnessing event at a beach and got to see my old friends and make new ones!
- Learned a lot of lessons through one particular hard experience, and to appreciate my friends SO much more because of an accident.
- Found out we were moving.
- Moved to a completely new environment, but totally thrilled at the opportunity to live closer to family.
- Stood along with my grandma as she battled cancer and kicked it in the ass! TYJ!
- Met new friends.
- Started going to a new dance school which is EXTREMELY awesome!
- Went to an audition for Disney. (turned out to be kinda… wehhh, lets say they didn’t give all the details. haha SO instead of being auditions to act or be a model or whatever, they were auditions to a CAMP where you learned about acting, THEN from there, if you were lucky, they’d MAYBE select you for something, though not before taking 2,000 dollars daily for the camp from your pocket. Oh well, it was an exciting experience nonetheless 😀 haha)
- Went to a homecoming dance.
- Found a great house and moved again!
- Saw the Lord constantly supply for our every need and even wants!
- Rode a horse!
- Miraculously was able to make it to Cervantino.
- Went on my very first plane ride. AHHH! AAAH!!!
- Went on my very first trip all by myself!
- Bought a guitar!
- Learned new things on my guitar.
- Had an awesome thanksgiving with family in Minnesota.
- Was in a Christmas play for my dance school.
- RACK’ed for Christmas! Which was very fun, and I’m looking forward to doing more next year!
- Had my Christmas Eve turned upside down and come crashing to the floor… literally… (small accident, I’ll have to tell you about it later. Ahem.)
- Had a wonderful Christmas with my family and my grandma got me the coolest presents ever!
- Was able to buy myself some bongos! HURRRAAAH!
- Wrote a song!
- Made a birthday video for a friend.
- Got my very first part-time job.
- Got to see someone I met when I was little and whom I hadn’t seen for YEARS! … and… became friends! (uh huh, Leslie girl, that’s you!)
- Saw so many of my prayers answered before my very eyes
Yes, there have been just so many things. For my emotions as well this has been a roller-coaster year, but I believe they’ve all helped me to grow. I really am excited about the many new experiences and opportunities I KNOW this year will bring! 🙂
Thanks for sharing these little adventures with me!
A job well done for all of you this 2011!