I can’t believe it! 2010 is almost…over!
This has got to be one of the fastest years of all my life! Hey, they weren’t kidding when they said that time goes by slow when you’re a kid, fast when you’re a young person and slow again when you’re older (though at the same time feeling everything happened just yesterday). I’m living proof of that! hohoho
Even though I DO wish I could be 16 all over again, I liked this year. Really. I did! I was able to accomplish a LOT and honestly, I am very thankful for all the blessings, experiences, battles, trials, and yes, victories I had this year that shaped me into a better person.
Here are some of the things I was able to experience and accomplish in 2010.
- Turned 16 and didn’t die. hohoho 😛 (actually, I had an AWESOME day! Thank you all my dear friends who made it, not only bearable, but amazing!)
- Choreographed a dance for some girl classmates of a friend. (and they all prayed to receive Jesus! whooot!)
- Learned to do a back bridge (I think that’s how you call them?) Thanks Lena!…I’m still working on the cartwheels though… I WILL do it someday, I promise 🙂 I will make you proud of me! heheh
- Started to drink coffee 😀
- Went to Tampico for a super awesome witnessing experience and met some AWESOME people 😉 (First time to the beach too after 10 years!).
- Was able to act in the Everything skit and be a character I really wanted to be and never thought I would, hehe 😀
- Enrolled in dancing class. (SCOOOORE!)
- Met Sandy, Steph, Maria, Susie, and Nina! 😉
- Finished Echo 2010
- Recorded songs.
- Wrote a short story.
- Went to Cervantino.
- Was in charge of the Destiny tent (pro stuff man! :D).
- Saw Steph, Sandy, Esther, Victoria and Clara again! And met some super-awesomely-cool people.
- Got my own room.
- Wrote a biography.
- Started a mag
- Was able to open up into a swat (second position, legs opened in a straight line to the sides of your body, take your pick :D) I DIIIID IIIIIT! :).
- Grew so much closer to Jesus. Really finding out how he is enough.
- Was finally able to pray with a guy that goes to my dancing class who I had been receiving some nudges from the Lord to pray with!
- Made new friends.
- I hardly got sick!
- We took a pro family photo, a first in like… 4 years or something.
- OOOH! I almost forgot! I drove! Like, in a trip for an hour! It was preeety awesome!
What can I say? It was a pretty wow year! For sure, it had its lonely, slow, hard, maybe even boring times; but compared to the blessings and fun I had they were only a small fraction of my year!
I think I can look back with a smile as this year is coming to a close. Sure, it does feel a little sad…even nostalgic maybe, but 2010 was a good friend, one I’ll remember for as long as I live.
Now we can look forward! Another whole year ahead of us, just waiting for incredible things to happen.
It’s a bit of a juggle, saying goodbye, yet at the same time welcoming another year. Your heart feels sad because you wont be able to relive the past experiences, and at the same time it feels like joining a circus act with all the excited flips it’s doing just anticipating all the new experiences, joys, people, and places you’re going to be able to know, meet and experience.
A little confusing? Of course! Freaky? FOR SURE!
But I guess that’s what life is all about–what makes life fun, exciting and worth living. Those freaky experiences when you have no idea what is going to happen and all you can do is hold on tight, maybe even scream a little or close your eyes. But once the ride finishes… YOU’LL JUST WANT TO DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN!
So, am I scared and freaked out about the upcoming year, turning 17 and all the things it will bring? I won’t lie to you, I’m really scared! Anxious, but also very excited about it! And I know that once it’s over, I’ll want to do it…
all over again.