11 Tips to Making Resolutions Realities.
- 1. Make a list of your goals and select the top three to five that are the most important to you. Pray for God’s guidance in the process. He knows best.
- 2. Be realistic. Reaching for a
goal should stretch you, but it should
also be doable. Decide on a reasonable
time frame for reaching each goal.
- 3. Don’t try to do everything
at once. Focus on your top
goal for a set period of time. Then
move to goal number two, while
maintaining the progress made toward
reaching the first one, and so on.
- 4. Pray. Prayer brings into play the
spiritual help you need to reach your
- 5. Work with God. Change
involves overcoming past thought and
behavioral patterns. This is never easy,
but change for the better is possible
if you ask God to help and follow
His lead. “With God nothing will be
- 6. Chart your progress. Keep
track of how far you’ve come, using a
journal or chart. Keeping records and
reviewing them periodically can also
help you to identify weak spots.
- 7. Get help from others. Share your plan with a friend and ask
for his or her help. Being accountable
to someone will give you added
- 8. Don’t be discouraged by
your mistakes. You will have some
setbacks and “off” days. Take these
lows as a reminder that you can’t do it
on your own. Draw closer to God and
depend more on His help. Tomorrow
is a fresh chance to do better!
- 9. Be in it for the long haul.
If you are truly serious about making
a change, you will be willing to see it
through, no matter how long it takes.
- 10.Visualize victory.
Periodically visualize what your life
will be like once your goal is reached.
Picture the advantages you will gain
and how much happier, healthier, or
more productive you will be.
- 11. Reward yourself for each
goal you reach. The real reward
will be the feeling of accomplishment
and the benefits you’ll experience
from the change you’ve made, but
having a physical treat attached to a
specific goal can make it even more enjoyable.
- “Nobody can go back and
start a new beginning, but
anyone can start today and
make a new ending.”